Director of Assessment
At Wonderlic, we’re all about people, period. That means we’re always on the lookout for the best and the brightest minds that can continue to take us to new places—and we’re looking for talented, driven individuals who desire to positively impact their career and join us in shaping the future of our organization.
We offer Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life; Paid time-off; 401k plan with company matching incentives; wellness initiatives and more as part of our commitment to our most valuable resource, our employees.
Wonderlic is looking for an emerging leader to guide the construction and implementation of new assessments. This individual will lead a team of Research Scientists to build new psychometrics, establish scalable processes and procedures for execution at speed, and support Wonderlic’s product strategy with high quality contributions. The Director of Assessment will be part of the Wonderlic Product function, with the mission of delivering the highest quality and most innovative pre-hire assessments on the market.
- Writing and designing measures of cognitive ability, personality, interests, and other psychological constructs
- Generating and testing hypotheses
- Designing and executing complex research and data analysis
- Manage high standards around validation and technical documentation
- Clean and manage large datasets
- Write and revise technical documents and white papers, and invent scalable processes for technical documentation where possible
- Preparing summaries and analyses of data, including visuals
- Communicate efficiently and practically to internal and external stakeholders
- Apply and communicate general theories of individual differences and related concepts relevant to pre-hire assessment
- Create documentation of the assessment development process, data collection methods, and decisions related to methodology
- Apply multiple analytic methods from statistics, psychometrics, and data science to test theoretical models and build predictive algorithms
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert and provide support to R&D and Consulting practices
- Oversee technical aspects of translation of assessments
Education & Experience
- PhD or ABD in Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology or related
- 3+ years experience leading cross-functional initiatives and/or high-performing teams
- Strong process orientation and ability to structure work for a team delivering at speed and scale
- Experience planning, designing, and building new assessment tools
- A track record of academic publishing related to psychometric assessments
- General understanding of pre-hire psychometric assessment standards, regulations, and best practices Statistical and analytical software proficiency, such as R, SPSS, or SAS
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy
Wonderlic is proud to be an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Here, diversity is valued and celebrated, and is what makes us such a successful team. Wonderlic does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy status, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military/veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Wonderlic invites any applicant who has a disability to seek reasonable accommodation in the hiring process. Just contact Katherine Rohrer at Katherine.email@example.com or (847) 247-2440 for assistance.