Director of Innovation
At Wonderlic, we’re all about people, period. That means we’re always on the lookout for the best and the brightest minds that can continue to take us to new places—and we’re looking for talented, driven individuals who desire to positively impact their career and join us in shaping the future of our organization.
We offer Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life; Paid time-off; 401k plan with company matching incentives; wellness initiatives and more as part of our commitment to our most valuable resource, our employees.
Wonderlic is looking for a thought leader to define the future of the talent assessment field. This leader will design an innovation strategy involving advanced measurement methodologies and supporting technology. They will discover, distill, and communicate complex insights in talent management to internal and external stakeholders. They will define Wonderlic’s innovation roadmap in alignment with the vision & mission of the organization, and will drive a strategy to develop leading-edge products in talent assessment.
- Grow and lead a dynamic, collaborative team of scientists to solve complex hiring problems for small businesses in imaginative and innovative ways
- Set goals and provide guidance to the team and business to produce output on several simultaneous data initiatives
- Combine assessment science with the software technologies to invent new ideas and measurement methods
- Stay ahead of current industry trends in assessment and measurement/prediction and evaluate their utility to Wonderlic’s strategy and target market
- Design and implement data analysis, research, and modeling strategies and best practices to internal and external clients
- Own the design and development new talent management science solutions from concept to production
- Target research required for innovations to solve target market needs and technical challenges
- Clearly articulate business strategies, talent management insights, talent data analytics & statistics, data science, big data, normalization and modeling
- Develop relationships with organizational stakeholders to deliver insights and best practices
- Combine software development and scientific research methodologies in alignment with the Wonderlic product strategy
Education & Experience
- PhD, ABD, or Masters & equivalent experience in I/O Psychology, Data Science, Organizational Behavior, or quantitative field
- Experience as a thought leader in an organization; exploring and defining insights and communicating them
- Experience publishing content for general business audiences (beyond the academic realm)
- Strong ability to influence internal and external audiences
- 5+ years experience leading cross-functional initiatives and/or high-performing teams Practical experience with advanced measurement technologies (A.I., Machine Learning, & related) preferred