Human Resource Generalist
We’re Looking for People Like You!
At Wonderlic, we’re all about people, period. That means we’re always on the lookout for the best and the brightest minds that can continue to take us to new places—and we’re looking for talented, driven individuals who desire to positively impact their career and join us in shaping the future of our organization.
We offer Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life; Paid time-off; 401k plan with company matching incentives; wellness initiatives and more as part of our commitment to our most valuable resource, our employees.
The Human Resource Generalist (HRG) is responsible for performing core HR-related duties on a professional level while reporting to and working closely with the Vice President of Organizational Effectiveness in supporting overarching HR and Talent Management Strategy. This position carries out key responsibilities in the following areas: recruitment/employment, onboarding, employee relations, employment law compliance, benefits administration, and policy implementation. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The HRG must be sensitive to employee goodwill as well as the needs of managers in the organization.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook as well as supplemental policies and procedures.
- Maintains core HR systems/data, HR documentation, employee personnel files, company organization charts, and employee directory.
- Assists in the ongoing evaluation of existing HR policies and processes. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency and strategic alignment of the function and services performed.
- Manages and executes the entire hiring process for all job openings, from candidate sourcing through onboarding. Conducts recruitment efforts for all personnel. Partners with hiring managers and internal stakeholders to continuously improve the quality of new hires and the overall hiring process.
- Conducts new-employee orientations and partners with the hiring manager to facilitate an engaging and positive onboarding experience.
- Performs benefits administration, including open enrollment, basic claims support, liaison with benefits provider, change processing, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Supports and monitors administration of the performance management program and escalates issues as necessary.
- Supports administration of the compensation program and related processes.
- Partners with the VP of Organizational Effectiveness and functional area leaders to develop, implement, and monitor career-pathing models and internal promotions.
- Acts as an employee relations specialist. Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions. Supports managers in handling any escalated employee relations and performance issues. Responds to serious employee relation issues, claims, or complaints.
- Administers the employee termination and resignation processes, including policy compliance, documentation and exit interviews.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations, including documentation and related processes and reporting.
Required Competencies & Skills
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
Required Education and Experience
- Three to five years of experience in a human resources role.
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
- Track record of success in facilitating a results-oriented recruiting process.
- Experience handling employee relations issues and facilitating resolution with managers and employees.
- Knowledge of employment law, compliance, and common legal issues in HR
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resource programs.
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
- Experience facilitating new employee onboarding.
- Knowledge or interest in broader talent management practices and strategy